Thursday, January 10, 2013

Portragram Project 2013

I've been thinking a lot lately about what makes a portrait, and what makes an image of a person become more than just that. I am exploring the connection between the subject, the photographer, and finally the viewer.

My intention is to take off-the-cuff portraits where I engage with the subject and make more than just a posed shot. I want the photo to speak for itself, to tell the story of a person.

I am going to be focusing on using my converted Polaroid 900 / Xenotar 135mm f/3.5 lens and cross-processed Ektachrome Plus film.

The first entry into this series is a portrait of my photography mentor. It is through his advice and insight that this idea came to fruition.

I want the photos to speak for themselves so I will shut up and post the photo:


No comments:

Post a Comment