Friday, November 11, 2011

Shots around campus

Sometimes it's nice to just load a roll of 35mm film and walk around. Valdosta isn't a huge city with a lot going on at all hours, but the VSU campus can be nice sometimes. It was right at dusk that I went shooting with some Kentmere 400 film that I pushed to 800 in development. I used D-76 stock, but I think I like XTOL better when I've used this film at 800 before. It's not a great film (it is the same as Ilford Delta 400) but it's still fun to shoot.

Here are a couple of frames that came out okay. All with the 28mm f/3.5 lens except the first, which was with the 50mm f/1.4 with the front element removed (I was curious as it came unscrewed while I was removing a filter, and it gave it an interesting blur on the edges of the frame. Neat effect):




I also was running an errand later that night and stopped at Freedom Park near the air force base to finish the roll. This is a long-exposure of about 30 seconds at f/11 with the full moon illuminating the landscape. Freedom Park is a nice place to visit - there is a frisbee-golf course that winds through some woods that are very pretty. I need to return and take some 4x5 images there at a better time of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment