Thursday, November 10, 2011

Great Smoky Mountain National Park, etc.

I really wanted to post some photos I took in July from a roadtrip I took across much of the southeastern US. I visited the Great Smoky Mountain National Park as well as various other parks and places in West Virginia, Maryland, and Washington D.C.. Here are a few 4x5 images from the trip.

First is my favorite shot of the trip. This is Blackwater Falls, located in West Virginia. Taken with a Schneider 150mm APO f/5.6 at f/16 with a 1/2 second shutter speed I believe on T-Max 100 film:


This next image is a view from the highest point in the Smoky Mountains. Shot on Velvia 100 with the 150mm again:



Here is a shot in Cade's Cove, taken with the Schneider 90mm f/8 lens:


Finally, here is another shot in Cade's Cove on T-Max 100 and cropped from a negative taken with the 150mm lens:


Some more images from digital below after the break!

Here's a variety of shots on digital from the trip:








The Great Smoky Mountains are a wonderful spot, and I can't wait to go back. If you haven't been, you should plan try to go soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment