Saturday, January 9, 2016

Lake Lanier / Chattahoochee Flooding, + Dahlonega

I was in the Atlanta suburbs around New Year's and went by Lake Lanier a couple of times. The water was extraordinarily high due to record rains. I took a variety of photos at the lake, with either my Bessa R2S and mostly a 21mm f/4.5 Zeiss Biogon or 3.5cm f/1.8 Nikkor, or the Rolleiflex:












And here's Meagan and I in the woods near the dam:


We also went walking near the Chattahoochee River down near Roswell. It was flooding up under this overpass which made for an interesting reflection photo:


I also did an experiment with stitching 3 photos together to make this:


It didn't work out all the great because the center image was blurred a bit, but you get the idea. I should've had my 6x17 with me...

Anyway, I took some other photos while on this trip, up in Dahlonega. Meagan started a new job at the University of North GA, and we drove up there to give her a go at the drive. I had never been there so we walked around and I snapped a few pics:




We found a nice little coffee shop near campus, which served baklava and Turkish coffee! I had never seen someone make Turkish coffee, but I bought a nice copper cezve last year and have been trying to learn myself. Here's Meagan with our treat:


Perfect for the cold winter day in north GA!

No comments:

Post a Comment