Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Reflecting on 2014

I still can't believe that 2014 is finishing up.

I'm going to take a second to reflect on this year and my accomplishments, as well as goals for the future.

My biggest accomplishment this year was the show at Turner Art Center - Strickland Mill: A Retrospective. Sally and I made it and had a great opening. I am very happy with the work, the turnout, and everything about this photographic endeavor.

Next, this year was a great year at work. I got a nice raise, taught my first college course, and really feel I made a difference at VSU through my efforts.

Speaking of work, this year has also been a great year for my business ventures. A lot of new clients have come to me for audio, video, or photographic projects, especially at the end of this year. I continue to grow my freelance business and expand into new territories.

Finally, this was a year of learning. I made great strides learning and improving my craft in all areas. Photographically, I have learned a lot about developing with new and exciting developers as well as color films (negative and positive). I also have really improved my knowledge and workflow with regard to video projects. My latest DVD project looks much better than previous work.

Moving forward, I have some goals in mind, not all of which I will be sharing. However, my biggest goal is simply to keep learning and building on my accomplishments and knowledge base. For every new technique or method I learn in any area, another opportunity to learn arises.

Since this is a photo blog, I wanted to finish this year with a special picture I took last week on Christmas. This is a family photo of most of my relatives on my mom's side. Taken with my Linhof Technika, 15cm f/4.5 Voigtlander APO Lanthar, on Fuji 160S film:


I hope anyone reading this has also had a wonderful 2014, and good luck in the coming year...

No comments:

Post a Comment