Thursday, November 21, 2013

Cedar Key, Florida Vacation - Nov. 2013

Meagan and I stayed at a vacation house with my parents a couple weekends ago in Cedar Key, FL. It's a quaint little town with a lot of interesting sites in and around the area. Here was the cabin:


It was on its own private island, kind of. It was more of a big peninsula. Anyway, we were able to see beautiful sunsets and sunrises everyday - here's a few of them:




The water to the south of the house dramatically rose and fell during the tides, exposing the ground and then covering it in about 6 inches of water. It was pretty neat:







More photos after the break!


My parents also did a little bit of fishing:



We walked around the town of Cedar Key the first morning:








The next day we went to a few of the springs in the area, including Manatee Springs, but saw no manatees unfortunately:







All three nights I was there I did some astrophotography. The first two nights I shot film:



The last night I used digital:


Finally, here are some other miscellaneous shots:

 






Tech details:

I shot these with either my Nikon SP and CV 21mm f/4, 35mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.4, or 105mm f/2.5, as well as my Pentax 67 and either 55mm f/4, 105mm f/2.4, or 165mm f/2.8, and finally my Linhof Master Technika with either 58mm f/5.6 XL, 90mm f/8, 150mm APO Lanthar, or 300mm f/9 lenses.

For some reason the files are showing with a red cast in the shadows from blogger...not sure what's up with that. Sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment