Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fuji Superia 200 Test

I forgot all about these photos. I bought a 10-pack of Fuji Superia 200 on a whim when I was ordering some film the other day. It's cheap and I remember shooting some a long time ago and liking the results. Yes, it's cheap amateur print film - but that doesn't mean it can't be any good. I fell in that trap for over a year, thinking slow slide film was the only thing worth shooting, in any format.

Well I'm here to tell you that film is simply the medium, and the quality of photos is dependent on how you use it...

Anyway, this film is actually quite nice. I found that colors were great shot right at 200, while overexposure produced a shift towards cyan and/or yellowish tints. Grain was pretty good - not as good as 100-speed slides but what do you expect? I would say nice 8x10s or even 9x12s would be easy to do. Speaking of color, the film was nicely saturated but not overdone. I would say it works equally as well as a portrait or scenic film.

Here's a few general shots:




 By the way - 8,000 views total since I started this blog about a year ago. Thanks for coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment