Saturday, March 31, 2012

4x5 Portrait using Polaroid 900 conversion

I am in the middle of a project shooting some portraits on 4x5 of people engaged in a creative action. Here is the first one from the series of my friend Morris playing flute. I used my Polaroid 900 4x5 conversion. The lens on it is the Schneider Xenotar 135mm f/3.5. I shot this at f/4 and 1/100 in shade on T-Max 100 and developed it in Acufine as an experiment for 1 hour semi-stand. It's a tad over-developed so I will pull back the development to about 30 minutes next time. I think I like Acufine for negatives in mixed light that I want a lot of acuity. It also produces a different tonality than T-Max RS. Still experimenting though so I can't say for certain if I like it better or not. Anyway, here is the shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment