Saturday, March 3, 2012

35mm photos from two different cameras

Before I start this post I'd just like to point out that I've had over 2,000 views! Pretty cool.

Moving on: I didn't ever post any shots from some recent 35mm rolls, so I thought I'd post some from two different cameras as I got a new 35mm camera the other day.

First, here are some shots from the Nikon SP with either 21mm or 50mm lenses taken while I wandered Albany waiting for the concert I was playing in. They were shot with Tri-X 400 developed in D-76 straight. I wanted to retry D-76 since it's the "universal developer" but I really just don't like D-76. I'll be going back to XTOL. Yes I know I am supposed to test and such with a developer but I have always preferred the midtones in XTOL. Anyway here are the photos:






Now the new camera I got? It's a Nikon F4! I always loved the look of the F4 and I wanted to try one ever since my F5 got trashed. Well I found one at such a deal I nabbed it. I took some random shots around campus and such on an old roll of Kentmere 400 and pushed it to 800 in XTOL. All are taken with either the 35mm f/2 or 85mm f/1.8 AF-D lenses. The Kentmere is kind of cheap film (and I believe it's actually Ilford Delta 400) but it looks really good even pushed to 800:




I didn't mean for this to be a comparison or anything but it is interesting for me seeing the difference between two films and two developers - one the classic Tri-X/D-76 combo and the other an Ilford film (I guess) with the modern XTOL. I like the latter myself, and even better is Tri-X in XTOL. But it's all subjective, especially when you get in the darkroom rather than scanning!

No comments:

Post a Comment