Sunday, January 22, 2012

Joyride in the country + a roll from December

My girlfriend and I went on a little joyride today into the country east of Valdosta. I found a few interesting subjects on the way. I decided to bring out my Mamiya 645 Pro for this excursion as I hadn't used it in a while. I still only have one lens, and 80mm f/1.9 lens. This is a wonderful lens and the fastest medium-format lens widely available.

Here are a few shots from the jaunt. I used Tri-X 400 rated at 200 and developed N-1:






 I also finally developed some 35mm negatives from late in December! See them after the break...

Just before New Year's I shot a roll of 35mm at The Crescent, the historic home known throughout the south located in Valdosta. This was actually the first time I had been there. Mostly I shot these as tests to see what kind of compositions were possible if I were to come back with my large-format camera. I would like to possibly due some in-depth architectural photos of the Crescent. Here are some of the better shots, both inside and outside of the house. All are on Tri-X 400 in straight Xtol:




 


 I also experimented with a new duotone in Photoshop for these to give the blacks a deep, chocolate-like color, which I really like. Now if I could just tone them like that in the darkroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment