Saturday, January 7, 2012

Early Morning Fog

Well first off I noticed yesterday that I've officially passed 1,000 views on this blog! I am sure many of those are from my own computer but still, I am very happy to have had so many hits. I hope to continue growing as a photographer and start working towards having my work in a gallery soon.

So on to photos. This morning was forecast to have heavy fog so I woke up early and got out to shoot a few 4x5 sheets. I am pleased with how they turned out! I was travelling out near Clyattville.

First is this image before the sun rose. It was taken with a Nikon 90mm f/8 at f/22 with an exposure of 4 seconds. I cropped the image to an 12x20 aspect ratio (and I am planning to print this one soon). I used T-Max 100 film rated at 50 and developed N-1/2 (1:9 for 8.75 minutes). I added a slight toning in Photoshop to simulate selenium toning:


Shortly after this shot the sun started to emerge from the trees. I made a quick stop when I saw this next scene and grabbed my 210mm Schneider Symmar-S. While I was setting up the shot I was asked what I was doing...I had parked at what I thought was a business but was actually a house. The owner luckily didn't mind me being there for a few moments so I snagged this shot. The negative was a little thin so the scan didn't come out that well, and the sun is ill-defined. It might print out better, I'll have to see. I decided to crop it to a square. If you look closely at the top of the tree to the right there is a bird perched all the way at the top!


Finally, after the sun had risen all the way, I made my way to a small cemetery nearby I knew of. I remembered this scene last time but the sun was on the wrong side so I didn't get a good shot. This one came out very well. I used the 210mm again, but I wanted a very shallow depth-of-field so I shot it at f/8. The Schneider Symmar-S even at only 1 stop closed from the maximum aperture provides an amazingly sharp image. Again I toned this in PS:


Thanks again to all of you visiting that got me to 1,000 views. By the way, you can feel free to comment on photos if you like! :) I also added a "Reactions" gadget under the post so that you can simply tell me what you think about the posting. Feel free to suggest other "reactions" if you like.

Also, I've got some color digital snaps from this morning after the break!

These were taken with my Nikon D700 and either the 17-35mm f/2.8 lens or 55mm f/2.8 Micro lens:



No comments:

Post a Comment