Sunday, October 30, 2011

Downtown Valdosta Architecture Part 3

Only one 4x5 image today. I saw that the weather was good so I went out to shoot the First Baptist church one last time. With large format, you sometimes have to be persistent to get the results you want. I also used a different lens, a Nikon 90mm f/8 SW instead of the Schneider. I got this Nikon as a deal but I didn't like the 5-bladed aperture, but after using it and seeing the benefit of the larger image circle I think I'm going to keep it and get rid of the Schneider.

Here is the church at f/22 with a CPL and a 1/8 second exposure. You might notice a couple of streaks on the left and middle of the image - this is unfortunately an artifact from scanning. I believe it is dust on the sensor. I will be cleaning out the scanner some day.


To give you an idea of the setup, here is a picture of the Toyo-View GII I use for architecture right before I took this picture. I used a short step ladder to get a better vantage point.


1 comment:

  1. Photograph of the author of this blog copyright of Meagan C Ellis - 2011. ;)

    ReplyDelete