Wednesday, March 30, 2016

A Special Photo

Sunday (Easter) I made a special photo that I want to share.

For a little context, I met a nice young woman named Meagan about 5 1/2 years ago. On one of our first dates, we found a cool burnt-out church in Waycross:


It was a neat place and I liked to shoot photos inside the church:


Over the years we made many stops to this church when visiting Waycross. This was one of my favorite photos from there:


On Sunday we were visiting Meagan's family north of this church. As we traveled south the weather was terrible. The rain was so bad I could hardly drive. Amazingly the rain stopped suddenly when we arrived.

I brought my Chamonix 4x5 and set it up to take a few photos. I used my 58mm f/5.6 XL lens. I had thrown an air bulb release into my bag so told Meagan we could take a picture together.

Preparing to press the shutter, I pretended to drop the air release.

Meagan was surprised when I did this:


(She said yes.)

Thanks for reading my blog!

1 comment: