Friday, September 19, 2014

Suwannee Springs Park, Florida

I went to a new place last weekend, Suwannee Springs. This small park has a swimming area at the springs and nice views of the Suwannee River. I was trying out a couple of things here - first, a new lens for my Pentax 67, a 55-100mm f/4.5 zoom. This handy zoom covers a lot of the typical focal lengths for the Pentax, though with the penalty of being slightly slower than the equivalent primes, especially compared to the 105mm f/2.4. But it's a really nice lens with a great reputation, and indeed it is very sharp.

I also tried a new developer. I shot HP5+ and developed it in Spur HRX. I really like the look of this combination - the tonality is fantastic (I have never liked HP5+ until this). But the developer is very expensive. A small amount of it costs $25, and I used 1/10 of the bottle to do just this one roll of 120. $2.50 per roll is untenable. I am not sure what I'll be doing therefore with this developer. It might be that I need to develop several rolls in a session to get the best economy. I also have another developer, FX-39, to try, which appears to be much cheaper per roll. Anyway, here are a few photos:






No comments:

Post a Comment