Sunday, September 7, 2014

At the source of the Suwannee River

Last weekend Meagan and I went for a little hike near the source of the Suwannee River - Fargo, GA.

We went to both the Suwannee River park area right outside of Fargo as well as the Stephen Foster State Park. The river is incredibly low as the drought continues. We do have rain occasionally but not nearly at the levels of the last few years, though today we did have quite a deluge. Anyway, I shot my Leica M6 and an old roll of Fuji Sensia 100 slide film. I used mostly a 21mm f/4 Cosina-Voigtlander Skopar and 50mm f/1.4 Millennium Nikkor:







Bonus Content!

I had a few shots left after this so I took the M6 along to Valdosta's "First Friday" this September, to visit my friends who were working at a brand-new coffee shop - Grassroots Coffee. As the sun was setting there was a double rainbow that I barely caught:


Here's my friends Andrew and Tara working:


After several coffees hand-holding the 50mm at 1/15th of a second became a bit untenable:


And that was it for the roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment