Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Summer 2014 Roundup #3

Back in 2009 was when I first got back into photography (I loved it when I was younger). I bought myself a decent Nikon DSLR and was having a blast. It wasn't until about a year later that I got interested in shooting film.

Having a modern DSLR, I immediately gravitated towards the indomitable Nikon F5. This brick of a camera was seriously impressive! So I bought an F5 as my "first" real 35mm camera, which was pretty silly probably but it worked with all my modern G-style lenses so it was perfect for me. Sadly though, after only a few months of ownership, I ended up flipping a boat over and destroying the F5 (and a good lens to boot) due to water damage.

I always wanted another F5 but instead after that I ended up buying a cheaper 35mm camera (an N65 actually) and eventually moved up to shooting medium format (Pentax67) and then large format. I only came back to 35mm after getting into rangefinders and buying my first Nikon S2.

Finally though, I happened upon a fantastic deal on another F5! I couldn't resist! So now I have a mint-condition F5 to go along with the rest of my F-mount collection (F, F2, F3, and F4!).

Here's some shots from my first roll, taken out at Grand Bay, on Tri-X rated at 640 and developed in XTOL:






No comments:

Post a Comment