Thursday, September 26, 2013

Rusty Red "R"

I took this photo out at a construction site late this afternoon. The bright red dumpster attracted my attention as the sun began to dip lower in the sky, and the rust came alive in the brightness.

This was my first color shot with a new lens, a Voigtlander 15cm APO Lanthar. This cult-classic is from what I understand a modified Heliar design with special Lanthanum glass for excellent color reproduction. I like that it's small, light, still very fast for large format, (f/4.5) and actually gave me sizable movements (I used quite a bit of rise and shift to get this image). I also did a very slight perspective correction and crop in Photoshop:


I also took it in b&w with T-Max 100, but the light had just faded, so I increased the development time to boost the contrast. I like the color version better, but here is the T-Max for posterity, with a slightly tighter crop:


No comments:

Post a Comment