Friday, May 10, 2013

Carl Zeiss Jena 16.5cm f/2.7 Biotessar Test Shots

I jumped at a sale for this lens that I've always wanted to try. It's an extremely fast lens for 4x5, almost as fast as the famous "Aero Ektar" lenses but much lighter and easier to put in a shutter so they don't have to be used on a Speed Graphic (though using it wide-open in full sun you might wish you had a Speed Graphic's FP shutter!).

Anyway, since the whole point is speed and shallow depth-of-field, I shot a few images with a lot out of focus. It's definitely a very different way of seeing the landscape. I also discovered that this lens seems to exhibit focus-shift when stopped down, if you focus wide-open, so I'll have to be mindful of that in the future.

Here's the photos, taken before I went to work at Drexel Park:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment