Thursday, August 2, 2012

Some more digital snaps with the D800E

Due to my film developing stuff getting packed up mostly I've been on a little bit of a digital kick. I took some photos out at Grand Bay before another storm rolled through.

Here's a few of the best shots. All were taken with either an 80-200mm f/4.5 AI lens or a pre-AI 105mm f/2.5. Talk about old-school!

I also edited all these to black & white. The colors were boring and drab anyway. Plus, to me, the essence of the landscape is best captured in b&w, with a slight toning desirable. These were toned in Lightroom ever so slightly to have a golden-brown look.






Now this last one is my favorite, and for fun I've included a 100% crop of the 36mp image, pretty much straight from the camera with just a little tweaking in Lightroom:




No comments:

Post a Comment