Sunday, August 19, 2012

Darkroom / Studio is almost done!

Well it's been a long couple of weeks. Finally got all moved in. My office is all setup and nice...but the outbuilding where I am building out my darkroom and studio is slow going. But finally this weekend my girlfriend and I cleaned it all out and started putting things together. My enlarger and such is setup, I'm just finishing light-proofing the shed (or close enough, since I'll be working mostly at night anyway) and putting things where they need to go.

I also put my big black background up on one wall that is my basic portrait background. We have a nice hibiscus plant right outside the building so I clipped one of the flowers and put it in an old vase I had. Lighting was a couple of Nikon SB-800 Speedlights on stands with umbrellas, and I used my D800E with a 200mm f/4 Micro lens. Aperture was f/13 or something like that. Here's the two best shots, one in color, one in b&w. Thought about busting out my film for this but I just didn't have the time. The flower was already starting to droop after a few minutes:

No comments:

Post a Comment