Monday, December 7, 2015

Abandoned House near Homerville, GA

Meagan and I drive to Waycross often to visit her parents. The road between Valdosta and Waycross is pretty interesting and has many small cities on the way.

Many years ago, we stopped at an old abandoned house right off the main highway. It was tucked away in the woods and you could just barely see it from the road. I had just started shooting film seriously and shot a few photos of that house. I had also just bought some materials to develop my own film. I had no idea what I was doing, but I managed to get something on the film. Here is an incredibly dusty scan from way back then:


So when we passed by this house again, I thought it'd be great to stop. The forest around the house had been cut back and a huge swath of the forest behind the house was being logged. Here's a shot from the back of the house:


I've learned a bit over the years! I was shooting with my Rolleiflex and 7.5cm f/3.5 Tessar lens and Tri-X 400, developed in SPUR HRX. The door was open...so I looked in:


Since I could get in, I decided to go ahead and look around. Here are some images from around the house:



It was really dark in there of course and I could barely shoot these without a tripod. It was fun to shoot film again here, after having learned so much in the last 5 years or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment