Sunday, October 18, 2015

More Pentax 67ii Fun

Last week I spent a sunny afternoon at Langdale Park (again) shooting with my new Pentax 67ii. I wanted to try a few things - first I tried out a set of 35mm film adapters that I have, and they worked fine. I was using some old junky Portra 160NC film, so the colors were a bit wonky but here are some shots:



 

Next, I had a really old roll of Shanghai GP3 film. This stuff is terrible and apparently they use some kind of bad ink that gets onto the film from the backing paper. I figured I might as well shoot it anyway since I was just enjoying the day - but yeah the ink has transferred to the film and you can see the numbers and circles from the paper on the photos. Also this film just generally sucks in my opinion - terrible tones with any developer and very curly and hard to work with. Here's a few shots to show the results:



Around this time I found myself in a more sunlit area with nice colors so I thought I'd put a roll of old E100G into the camera to see how it exposes E-6 film, since I hadn't shot any of that with it yet. I did set the meter at 80 and used an 81C filter, as I've found that expired E100G does better that way. I was pretty happy with the results:





Overall the exposures were beautiful and I am very happy with the AE abilities of this camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment