Since starting this blog in 2011 I've had several different scanners. At first I was using an old Agfa 2500T SCSI scanner and the FotoLook software. It was a decent scanner but plagued with dust and other issues causing banding and other problems. I finally had to replace it when I built a new computer and upgraded to Windows 7, which I couldn't get to work with the SCSI interface. I then purchased a Microtek ArtixScan M1, a newer scanner from the same manufacturer that used a USB interface. It was also quite a nice machine but not perfect. The Silverfast software wasn't really my cup of tea and it was a bit cumbersome trying to scan a lot of film with it.
I also was terribly unhappy with 35mm film scans from these flatbeds, so I run a Minolta Dimage IV for 135 scanning.
What I ended up purchasing is a massive (200 pounds!) pre-production scanner, a Screen Cezanne, made by a subsidiary of Fujifilm. This bad-boy also utilizes a SCSI interface but only runs on a Mac anyway - but it came with an Apple G4 to run the thing. I had to really learn a whole new process and while not perfect, I'm starting to get the hang of things. This unit is also good enough optically to use with 35mm film, so I can get rid of the little Minolta too now.
Anyway, all scans from here on in will likely be done with this guy. I've already noticed quite a difference in quality, both in resolution and tonality, from my scans with it.
Well, back to the photos. I shot a roll of TMX in my Nikon SP, a 220 roll of Fuji 160NPS with my Yashica 124G, and several sheets with my Polaroid 900 at the festival. Here are some of the TMX shots (developed in T-Max developer diluted 1:32 for 1 hour semi-stand):
I'm finishing up the color film scans so I will post those tomorrow.