Saturday, April 7, 2012

On the street with my 8x10

Went out tonight to shoot some x-ray film for fun during First Friday in downtown Valdosta. Things weren't very lively but I did find a couple shots. First off is a bike that was shimmering in the last light of the day on a street corner. I used my Schneider Symmar-S 210mm wide-open at f/5.6 and 1/60, with a bit of front swing, developed in Rodinal 1:100 for 7 minutes. Lost a little shadow detail (I rate this film at 50) due to the high contrast. I haven't gotten a good N-1 development strategy for this film yet. I probably should rate it at 25 and develop for 6 minutes instead. Maybe I'll try that next time. Anyway, here is the shot:



Next is a shot of the Dosta Playhouse. The exposure was f/45 and 4 seconds. Some folks were walking past so they turned into ghostly figures:



Finally, I used my Wollensak 159mm for a shot of the Odafe Trio, some friends of mine who play at a local coffeeshop every First Friday. I didn't have any fast film so the exposure, even wide-open, came out to 8 seconds. I also used a friend's camera to flash them during the shot but that didn't really help to stop motion - not powerful enough. I might have to redo this with some 400 speed film and a real flash:


Also, I took a couple of portraits of my girlfriend yesterday. Here is the better one. This is a Schneider Symmar-S 300mm at f/11:

No comments:

Post a Comment