Friday, February 17, 2012

Sunrise on Highway 133

February has already been a really busy month and I'm struggling to get any work done photographically. However, last weekend I got up early and headed to Albany, GA a couple of hours earlier than I needed to go to play in the Albany Symphony to spend some time with my 4x5 on Highway 133. There are many scenes on this stretch of highway between Valdosta and Moultrie that beg to be photographed. Just recently the peach trees have started to bloom and I will be heading out there with some color film to capture them in full bloom, but for now here is one shot I took that morning that I finally was able to develop and scan. This I believe is a pecan tree grove but I'm not 100% sure. I used the Nikon 90mm f/8 lens for this with almost full rise and a little bit of a tilt upwards. The negative was developed N-1.5 to try to retain some detail around the sun, which was pretty successful I think. Toned in PS.


I should have a variety of images coming as I've got two trips planned for February - one this Sunday to Thomasville and then the next Saturday up to Callaway Gardens and Providence Canyon, so hopefully I'll have a lot of new work soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment