Sunday, June 7, 2015

Downtown Valdosta Evening - Testing out the Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.1

Meagan and I took a stroll downtown last week in the early evening, mostly because I wanted to shoot some film with a new 50mm lens. I always am looking for speed when shooting in low-light situations and this interesting lens is an f/1.1. It doesn't get much faster than that.

It's a big piece of glass that is a bit unwieldy but created some unique and shallow DOF.

I also did an experiment with attaching my Go Pro to the hotshoe on my Leica M6. This was surprisingly not overly top-heavy and worked pretty well. Here is what that looked like:



So I made another "VLOG" with the photos included:


Downtown has become quite an empty place. It's quite sad how many buildings now sit idle and empty. Very few people are around. Only a few restaurants stay busy. I tried to show some of this with these photos:








 




No comments:

Post a Comment