Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Re-evaluating 8x10 x-ray film

I've started working with the 8x10 x-ray film again. I have had plenty of good shots from it, but I still am stymied at times with high-contrast scenes, especially those with sky in it. I shot four sheets out at Langdale Park as an experiment. I developed them in Rodinal 1:100 for 7:30 at 68F, and I rated the film at ISO 50. The negatives look good, but as you'll see the sky in one photo is totally gone, and causes issues with the tree tops. So I think I need to try cutting the development in a scene like that drastically, to like 6 minutes. Perhaps I will man up and just shoot a half-dozen sheets of a scene with sky and see what I can do.

Anyway, here are the photos. Lenses included the Graphic Kowa 210mm, Nikkor 450mm, Gundlach Radar 300mm, and Nikkor 120mm:






No comments:

Post a Comment