Thursday, March 1, 2012

Callaway Gardens Afternoon

Been very busy lately so I've neglected this blog. But here's a quick post with some images I made recently. These first two are 4x5 images of the chapel in Callaway Gardens. I have always loved this church and have taken photos of it many times, but finally I was able to do some proper film shots. The first was taken with a Nikon 90mm and a lot of front rise. The second with a Schneider APO 150mm and some front fall and some filters to get a 2 second exposure time:




I printed the second one on some new Ilford Warm Tone Fiber paper and it looks very nice!

I also snapped some color photos with my digital camera (!). This is actually the first time in a very long time that I've shot anything with my digital camera other than portraiture and such. Here's a short collection of shots, almost all done with either a Nikon 200mm f/4 Micro or 55mm f/2.8 Micro. Nikon's "Micro" lenses are nothing short of fantastic, by the way.

It was a "run-and-gun" kind of day so all of these are handheld, shot in available light or with the pop-up flash on my D700. I wasn't going for anything that would take forever, though I do wish I could have setup a tripod for the butterfly (though he would have fluttered away too soon anyway).





No comments:

Post a Comment