Monday, September 7, 2015

St. Mark's - Shooting Wildlife

It's Labor Day weekend and I didn't have to work, so I went to St. Mark's yesterday. There have been Roseate Spoonbills there for the past few days so I was hoping to see them, but sadly I missed them (they were sighted about an hour before I got there, but disappeared).

The day was hot, humid, and hazy, and the yellow flies near the Lighthouse were awful. I still grabbed a few shots but overall it wasn't the best day. Oh well, that's life.

Here's a few shots, all taken with my Nikon F5 and 300mm f/2.8 or 500mm f/5.6 (a Pentax 67 lens adapted to the Nikon):

 
 


I also had my GoPro attached to the hot-shoe of the F5. I shot some video while shooting which was kind of cool, with the lens jutting out in front:


No comments:

Post a Comment