Thursday, June 11, 2015

Civil War Reenactment - Georgia Blueberry Festival in Alma GA

This past weekend was the Georgia Blueberry Festival in Alma (Bacon County). I just happened to hear about it from a friend a couple of days before and that there was a Civil War Reenactment happening to boot.

Despite having been to Gettysburg (on July 4th weekend no less), I have never seen an actual full battle reenactment. So I was very excited to go and shoot some images.

I took my Linhof Master Technika along with my Schneider 90mm f/5.6 XL, Voigtlander 15cm f/5.6 APO Lanthar, and Zeiss 250mm f/5.6 Sonnar. All of these lenses are cammed to my camera so I can shoot handheld.

The whole event lasted a bit more than an hour but I was able to shoot quite a number of sheets. I'm happy with these images considering I didn't know what to expect! A lot of the participants were quite interested in the camera - though it is by no means "period," it's a lot closer than anyone else was shooting.

Here are some of images - all on T-Max 100 or Fuji 160S:










I really want to shoot more of these events - it was a blast! I will be trying to find more reenactments in the area now.

Some scenes from the reenactment and me shooting can be found here:


No comments:

Post a Comment