Thursday, April 17, 2014

Smoky Mountains Spring Break Part 1

Well here it is, over 3 weeks since I posted. So what's going on? I've been developing and scanning film like crazy - so much that I can hardly keep track of it all. I shot a lot. Too much, I guess. I figured I needed to at least start posting some things before I'm done...yep that's right, I'm not even done! But that's because I've been shooting and developing other things at the same time. All I have left is a few sheets and 1 roll of E-6.

Anyway, I'm going to post a bunch of 35mm photos tonight!

First things first - Meagan and I saw the Atlanta Symphony perform Sunday afternoon, the 23rd of March. They performed Stravinsky's Rite of Spring, one of my favorite pieces of all time. We wondered around a bit beforehand though at the Woodruff Arts Center. Here are some photos from around the High Museum and Symphony Hall (Tri-X developed in Acufine with my Nikon SP and various lenses, and one shot on Portra 400):



 





We left the next morning, Monday, on our way to the Smokies. We stopped at a few different places along the way, including Tallulah Gorge and the Oconaluftee Visitor's Center and Village (Portra 400 and Plus-X developed in Acufine):








Meagan and I made it to Pigeon Forge, where the hotel we booked was, just in time. I have always wanted to go to the big Titanic museum there. So we went right at the end of the day. No photos are allowed inside but I took some outside with my SP and Nikkor 2.5cm f/4, on T-Max 3200 (it was almost 10pm at this point:



We settled in for the night so we could wake up early the next day. I'll post more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment